On Tuesday (June 21), Tony Buzbee, the attorney representing the women, announced the settlements for the cases against Watson, who allegedly received 66 massages in the span of 17 months, according to the New York Times.
“Today I announce that all cases against Deshaun Watson, with the exception of four, have settled. We are working through the paperwork related to those settlements,” Buzbee said in a statement. “Once we have done so, those particular cases will be dismissed. The terms and amounts of the settlements are confidential. We won’t comment further on the settlements or those cases.”
Buzbee added that he plans to take the remaining four lawsuits to trial.
The former Houston Texans QB has been accused of harassing, assaulting, and inappropriately touching various massage therapists during sessions.
22 Lawsuits against Watson came down in March and April of 2021. The last two suits were filed last month after two women came forward with their accounts on HBO’s “Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel.”
Watson has remained adamant that he is innocent and intent on clearing his name amid the growing number of allegations.
“I never assaulted anyone,” Watson said last week marking his first public comments since March. “I never harassed anyone or I never disrespected anyone. I never forced anyone to do anything.”
NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy said the settlements have “no impact on the collectively bargained disciplinary process."